(AhlulBayt News Agency) – Hundreds of Muslim clerics, intellectuals and human rights activists from around the world participating in an international conference on ways to counter extremism praised Iran for its continued support for the oppressed nations, including Palestine.
In the final statement of the World Conference on Lovers of Ahl al-Bayt (AS) and the Takfiri Issue held in Tehran on Thursday, the participants highlighted the importance of the Palestinian issue and commended Iran as a pillar of the Axis of Resistance.
“Palestine and the liberation of the holy city of al-Quds (Jerusalem) from the Zionists’ claws are still the most important and the first issue of the Muslim world,” the statement read.
The participants also emphasized that the Islamic Republic of Iran is “the first supporter” of the Palestinian people and their causes, and the Axis of Resistance in the region as well as other oppressed nations in the world.
The World Conference on Lovers of Ahl al-Bayt (AS) and the Takfiri Issue opened in Tehran on Wednesday morning and wrapped up on Thursday night.
Organized by the World Assembly of Islamic Awakening, the two-day event was attended by senior Iranian and foreign figures and officials, including Ali Akbar Velayati, the Secretary-General of the World Assembly of Islamic Awakening, the secretary of Iran’s Guardian Council (GC), Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, Chairman of Iran’s Expediency Council Ayatollah Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi, Lebanese Hezbollah Resistance Movement’s second-in-command, Sheikh Naim Qassem, and Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi.
It focused on the principles shared by the lovers of Ahl al-Bayt -the family of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)- and weighs plans for countering Takfiri and extremist ideologies through Muslim unity.
Back in June, the World Assembly of Islamic Awakening had invited intellectuals and scholars from around the world to submit their contributions to the secretariat of the assembly for presentation in the conference.
The international gathering discussed the following six main topics:
– Concepts, foundations, and thoughts of lovers of Ahl al-Bayt (AS);
– History and civilization of Islamic religions and its role in the establishment of modern Islamic civilization;
– Ideas of top Muslim thinkers and scholars in the formation of a single, united Muslim nation in the face of deviated groups;
– Alliance and integrity of lovers of Ahl al Bayt (AS) in the formation of a single, united nation;
– Identification of challenges and threats facing the lovers of Ahl al-Bayt (AS) and the Muslims world;
– Strategies and solutions to the unity of the lovers of Ahl al-Bayt (AS) in the face of enemies of Islam (global arrogance, Zionism, reactionary regimes and Takfiri groups).
The World Assembly of Islamic Awakening has held several meetings and conferences in recent years to strengthen Muslim bonds, support the cause of Palestine and counter Zionist policies, and fight against the ideologies of Takfiri, radical, and terrorist groups.